How to link multiple systems to one login
If you have multiple systems being monitored by Epic Alarm, you can link them to a single login so that you don't have to log out of one account to access another account. This is called Multi-System Access and there is no limit to how many accounts can be linked.
Follow these steps to set up Multi-System Access:
- Choose the account you would like to mainly use to access all of your accounts. This is the login used to access the multiple accounts once it is set up.
- Verify all usernames and passwords for the other accounts are easily accessible or known.
- Log into the Customer Website using the chosen customer account login.
- Click the Login information icon. You can also click Settings, then Login Information to open the Login Information window.
- Click Linked Systems.
- Click Add.
- In the Login text field, enter the login name to be linked.
- In the Password text field, enter the password to the login to be linked.
- Click Submit.
- Verify the system to be linked, then click Confirm. This takes immediate effect in linking the accounts to the current login name.
Note: A secondary login appears for any accounts that are attached to the main account. The login that appears is the login of the main account.
This will effectively link the accounts and you will notice a drop-down menu on both the Customer Website and on the top left of the app. This menu allows you to toggle back and forth between any accounts linked to this main login.
Keep in mind that granting Multi-System Access only works for the login that went through the process. It does not automatically grant access to all logins associated with the accounts, so each login name that wants to have access to multiple systems needs to go through the Multi-System Access setup process in order to be able to switch between the systems.
If you would like to unlink an account from Multi-System Access:
- Log into the account with Multi-System Access here.
- Once logged in, click the Login Information icon to open the Login Information window. (You may also click settings, and then click on Login Information.)
- Click Multi-System Access.
- Click the trash icon on the system to remove it from the login.
- Click Remove System to confirm the removal.
For information on how to switch between accounts after enabling Multi-System Access, see the "How to switch between linked Alarm.com accounts" help article.